Book Cover Template – We all know the saying “Do not judge a book by its cover”, yet we all do just that. It is the psychology of human nature that we use our sense of sight to make first impressions and initial judgments. Due to the demand, it is becoming easier and easier for authors to find good quality, eye-catching book covers templates.
Some things to consider first:
- What message do you want to send with the cover?
- What is the target audience?
- How can you generate excitement for your cover?
- Set the tone before you start the design process.
- The book genre can also play a large role in the design of the cover; Indicate something about your universe to hint at what’s to come.
- Do not forget to look into minimalism.
- Take some time to look into sources for ideas and where to store them.
- The design should also make sense, even in thumbnail size.
- Be careful not to show too much of your character and give away important aspects of the novel.
Do not forget the technical stuff.
Here are a few technical things to keep in mind when designing your book cover and using templates:
- Know copyright issues when using images for your cover.
- High resolution is a must. You need at least 300 PPI or DPI.
- Submit your design as a TIFF or Photoshop file where the text layer is separate from the images in layers.
Here are a few samples to help you with your book cover template ideas.
Book Cover Template (Size Guide),
Book Cover Template,
Book Cover Template Word,