A bank teller cover letter is a letter one writes when they are applying for a teller’s job in a bank. The letter summarizes the qualifications of the applicant besides showing why they are the best match for the job. Bank tellers are at the center of all financial transactions in the bank, including deposits, withdrawals, checks, and other basic banking processes. They are the bank employees who are in direct contact with customers daily. They respond to all customer inquiries, including information on loans, bank accounts, money transfers, etc.
If you want to increase the chances of being hired for the bank teller job, you must write a killer cover letter to submit alongside your resume.
Desirable skills & Qualifications for Bank Tellers
Hiring managers in banks look for the following skills and qualifications when interviewing and shortlisting candidates for bank teller jobs:
- Attention to details
- Computer literacy, especially financial software
- Superb interpersonal and communications skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Accuracy and efficiency in financial matters
- Customer focus and problem-solving skills
- A minimum of a diploma in financial banking or other financial studies
- Managerial skills for senior tellers
Sample Bank Teller Cover Letter
327 Armstrong Ave.
New York, NY 11332
October 10th, 20XX
7 Resource Place
New York, NY 10001
Dear Mrs. Lawrence,
I, with this, submit my application for following your posting a bank teller on your company’s website. Additionally, I have also attached my resume for consideration. After reviewing your requirements for the position, I found I am the best match for the role.
Over the last five years, I have worked as a teller in various banks, and I believe my experience and skills meet your specific needs. Some of the notable skills that make me the ideal candidate for this position include:
- Accurately handling between 20-30 customer transactions per hour
- Over four years’ experience in handling financial transactions and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Excellent computer skills mainly accounting software
- teamwork and specialization to increase efficiency
- Generating leads and marketing banking products
I’m’ a highly motivated individual able to handle the day to day pressure in the bank. My resume will offer more details on my skills and experience to reinforce my suitability for this role.
I look forward to an opportunity to discuss further; I am ready for an in-depth interview. Feel free to contact me via (210) 666 7676 or email at newtonmark@ adeptsoultuions.com.
Bank Teller Cover Letter (Word Format)
Bank Teller Cover Letter Email Example
Subject: Bank teller- Lucy Sullivan
Dear Mr. Brown,
After reading your posting for a skilled bank teller in your bank, I now express my interest in this position. My qualifications, experience, and skills are in line with your requirements, especially over five years’ experience as a bank teller.
Over the years, I have sharpened my skills in money management, upsells, and customer service. Besides, my over five years’ experience as a teller has afforded me a compounded skill set, including exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. I have gained expertise in:
- Opening new customer accounts
- Resolving account issues
- Monitoring and managing new tellers
- Increasing sales and establishing robust relationships with clients
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly closing report
In addition to my experience and personal traits, I also have a solid educational background in banking studies with a degree in banking from New York State University. In the past few years, I have developed a strong liking for your bank’s focus on strengthening customer experience, something I am passionate about and would contribute to if given a chance.
I have attached my resume for more details about my expertise and career achievements. In this regard, I will be glad to meet you’re for a discussion on what I can offer to your bank and why I believe to be the best man for this task.
Thank you as you plan for the meeting.