A booklet is a small, thin book having paper covers mostly and can be made easily. The pages are simply stapled together and do not require any proper hard covering. A particular type of information and detail associated with a specific service is provided in it. Usually, the number of pages is less, and their shapes and sizes vary. A booklet can be a brochure, leaflet, hand-out, pamphlet, catalog, training schedule, recipe book etc. These booklets can be used by schools, colleges, companies, businesses, organizations, universities, etc.
Booklets act as a link between the suppliers and buyers. The supplier lists all the specifications of the services or goods they provide, and theA buyer may get persuaded to buy from them. Booklets can also help the educational institutes in promoting their specialties for getting more admissions in their institute. These are great for such businesses and companies who have just established their startups and want to promote them so that more people can approach them.
Customizable Booklet Templates
How to Create a Booklet
You can create a template of a booklet according to the nature of information you want to share with the people. The theme of your booklet will also be decided accordingly. Following are some of the considerations which you should keep in mind while creating a booklet:
Identify your target audience
It is important to know about your audience and then decide the type of booklet you will use. Either it should be a formal or informal one.
- If you are supposed to attract the kids and youth generation towards your advertisement, you should choose a colorful booklet to be made interesting for them.
- If you are running an educational institute, your booklet template should be decided according to the mindsets of parents as well as students.
- If you target an audience seeking a job opportunity or advertising your company, then your booklet should be kept simple and formal.
- If you promote your food chain, your booklet should be colorful and eye-catching for food lovers.
Choose a type of binding for your booklet
The type of binding for your booklet should be durable and long-lasting.
- If you want to distribute the booklets to a large number of people, then you should prefer to simply staple the pages appropriately because it will ensure that any page is not lost. Moreover, it will be economical for you because the number of targeted audiences is more.
- If the number of targeted audiences is lesser, you may use spiral binding, ribbon binding, etc to make it fun-loving and interesting. It will not cost you much because the audience to be addressed is comparatively less.
- Use a cover for your booklet that describes it the best.
- The type of binding will also depend on how you want your booklet to be opened by your audience.
Choose images for the layout
The visual effect is most important regarding a booklet. Because it is the visual appearance based on which the audience either gets attracted or gets distracted. Images leave a long-lasting impression on their minds, and they could help you fulfill your objective of targeting a potential number of people towards your organization.
- Colorful or basic themed images will be decided according to the type of your audience.
- You can add a picture of office accessories if you are leading any company or a business.
- Different food images can be added if you are running a food chain.
- The size of images selected should be according to the size and shape of your booklet.
- You can also get an interesting idea while searching for the images required to be added to your template.
Tip: Make sure that all the images and pictures have fine resolution and are not blurred.
Create the outline of your template
Once you have recognized your targeted audience and decided the images according to your layout, now it’s time to create the outline of your advertisement to be written on the booklet. Following things should be kept in mind while making a draft:
- Pre-planning your content is the key to getting your audience attracted.
- The booklet gives an overall picture of all the services provided by you, so you should have to insert a greater effort to make it effective.
- It should be precise and to the point.
- Everything should seem to be connected.
- Irrelevant and least important things should not be mentioned.
Start creating your booklet
When you understand and decide on everything mentioned above, you can start with creating your booklet.
- The booklet should be edited properly.
- The font size, style, and other specifications should be relevant to your theme.
- Make sure to check the resolution of your booklet.
- All the content should be clear and easily visible to the audience.
TIP: You can get your booklet reviewed by your family members or friends and make the necessary changes regarding the content and visual appearance.
It can be challenging for you to make or select an effective booklet for your advertisement. Some essential deliberations should be remembered while deciding on a design for your booklet:
Arrange all the elements in an informative array
If all the information mentioned in your booklet is arranged systematically, it will make the audience realize your organization’s professionalism. It will help them to have a better and thorough understanding.
As your booklet is a source of communication between you and the reader, it should be appropriately formatted so that your audience may not get confused at any point. If they get confused, they will not be attracted to your offer. Every element should be in relevance to the next information mentioned in your booklet, and irrelevant content should not be there
Consider your audience’s needs
Your booklet should be eye-catching for the audience to make them attracted towards it. Catching phrases should be used in the content to make them interested in getting your offer.
“If you want to avail the discount, then you are at the right place”, “Looking for merit-based scholarships! Then we are the right option for you,” etc.
You should add the phrases according to the requirements of your audience, and for this purpose, you will have to think from their perspective. High-quality images should only be used. You may hire a professional to capture the images of your products or buy the images from producers.
NOTE: It should be made sure that the flow of the audience is maintained while reading the pages.
Decide the number of pages on your booklet
When the content, images, and all other requirements have been fulfilled, you should give a detailed overview and consider whether you need to add more pages or reduce them. You can go with the option of adding on more pages if the content and images appear to be submerged due to lack of proper space, or you might opt to reduce the number of pages if any piece of information is repeated or if any chunk is not required to be added.
TIP: A final and detailed review from the public’s perspective will help you be precise and explicit.
Booklets help you in delivering the required information to your audience in an effective way. If the public is interested in your offer, then they would prefer to read it even if it is not written appropriately, but if the content is disorganized, then they will leave it by getting confused about the written information. So, organizing all the available content is very crucial.
It has become easy for everyone to get anything easily available through the internet in today’s world. Booklet templates can also be availed online and used for making any advertisement and delivering all the information to the audience.
The information available in the form of a booklet is brief, so it helps save people’s time. Also, this factor leaves a positive impact on them. It is also beneficial for the employees to give a quick overview of their organization’s services. Your audience may belong to different age groups. Their level of understanding may also vary accordingly, so the information enlisted in the booklet will benefit everyone.