Executive assistants are professionals who assist the high-level management with appointments, correspondences, and other administrative responsibilities. The ‘Executive Assistant Cover letter’ is a missive that accompanies a resume. It is drafted to summarize the contents of a resume and familiarize a recruitment manager with the details, qualifications, and suitability for the task that applied for. This letter highlights the experiences, academic qualifications, and other vital parameters for consideration.
Responsibilities of Executive Assistant
The following is a breakdown of the jobs and responsibilities of a typical executive assistant:
- Performs basic accountancy practices
- Manages the calendar and work schedules of the management
- Relates with the clients
- Deigns and maintains a robust filing system
- Makes arrangements for meetings
- Maintains an accurate track of all records
- Puts in place the various travel arrangements
- Plans events and other outdoor activities
- Types and prints documents
- Prepares reports and other official correspondences
- Processes expense reports
- Takes minutes of all proceedings
Executive Assistant Job Qualifications
- Must have attained a high school diploma as a bare minimum requirement. Those who possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business-related field have some strategic advantages.
- Appropriate certification has to be obtained for the skills and core competencies, such as software programs and switchboard management.
- High level of trust and confidentiality with regards to handling sensitive pieces of information. This may be vouched for by the number of years that the said professional works or has already worked.
Sample Executive Assistant Cover Letter
[City, State, Zip Code]
[Hiring Manager’s Name]
[Company City, State, Zip Code]
Dear [Mr. /Mrs. /Ms.] [Hiring Manager’s Name],
Re: Application for the Position of Executive Assistant
Kindly accept my application for the position of executive assistant with your company. I came across your job advert on (xxx website), and I am pleased to state that my skills do match the requirements of your job perfectly.
I do have the experience to schedule meetings, prepare and execute agenda, and take care of your daily operations with minimal to no supervision at all. In my present role, I have handled all duties and responsibilities with utmost zeal and reliability.
Among these are the preparation of reports and orders, handling of domestic and international travel reservations, organization of monthly meetings, and honoring appointments and reminders. My stint at this organization has seen me bring down the operational costs by a substantial 12% margin.
I eagerly anticipate a call for an interview and follow-up from you. It is my joy and pleasure to make the lives of your company executives better and easier. Feel free to get to me as soon as possible.
Executive Assistant Cover Letter (Word Format)
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Email
To: e-mail address
Re: Applications for the position of a Junior Executive Assistant
Dear Mr. /Ms. /Mrs. [Hiring Manager’s Name],
I noted that you are in search of a Junior Executive Assistant to facilitate the lives and operations of your senior managers. Well, I am delighted to forward my application for the same here and now.
It is noteworthy that I hardly possess any expertise or experience in the field. I graduated from school just the other day. This notwithstanding, I still feel I deserve the chance owing to my unbridled passion for matters front office and executive assistance.
Moreover, I do not see myself changing careers any time soon. This means I am very available for your use and service in the long run. I also possess great zeal, which I plan to leverage to make myself better at your organization.
Kindly go through the contents of my resume for an in-depth peek into the skills I have and the value I have the potential to bring on board.