It is not uncommon to find yourself in need of an authorization letter sample. Very simply put, it is a document in which one party grants permission to another party to perform a specific action. A great example of an authorization letter is a permission slip for a school field trip.
In that instance a parent or guardian grants permission to the school to take his or her child outside school boundaries. More often than not, authorization letters are completed by using pre-established templates that are uniform and have already been reviewed so they include all the necessary information.
There are various purposes of an authorization letter such as:
- In business, an authorization letter is necessary for carrying out different business activities. Not everyone is available all the time. Some people are a successful businessman and they need to travel quite frequently for the purpose of business.
- Children need permission from their parents in the form of authorization letter when they have to go on a school field trip.
- Many times a person is unlikely to be absent when there is a need to sign important documents at the bank and thus would require someone on their behalf to carry out the task. In such a scenario, an authorization letter can play a significant role.
- It is important to deal with the property matters and many times a person cannot be available in the same city and thus would require a representative on their behalf to sign the important matters. An authorization letter would be important for dealing with the important property matters.
- A university student might have moved abroad but would need some important documents from a certain place and thus would be able to acquire the important documents.
- An authorization letter can assist a person to collect medical records on behalf of someone.
- An individual can give someone the authorization letter to sign the important legal documents.
- An authorization letter can be handy when someone is not able to receive their package and thus is allowing another person on their behalf through an authorization letter to collect the relevant package.
Similarly, there are numerous scenarios under which it becomes extremely necessary to let some do the task on behalf by giving them an authorization letter.
This particular authorization letter sample for claiming would assist an individual to form an authorization letter for the purpose of claiming important documents on their behalf for properties. For example, a man who is not able to collect some important documents because of certain unforeseen circumstances can write an authorization letter to let his wife collect all the relevant and required documents and do some signatures on his behalf.
An authorization to act on behalf letter is required when there’s a need to perform actions on behalf of someone. Usually this individual is either not present, incapacitated or simply on vacation. Whatever the reason, this letter empowers the individual you select to be your ‘proxy’ or representative to do whatever you state in the letter, on your behalf within the time-frame you specify.
333 Oak Lane
Cambridge, IL 60606
September 13, 2018
543 S. Buttercup
Vanden, WA 1010
Re: Letter of Authorization to Act on Behalf of Franklin Mounts
Dear Ms. Zee:I, Franklin Mounts, hereby give authorization for Giles Cliff, my partner, to act on my behalf in handling the affairs of my estate and business while I am away. The scope of this letter of authorization to act on my behalf includes any and all business dealings with said estate and business with no restrictions.
This authorization to act on my behalf will begin on October 1, 2018, and end October 25, 2018, during which time I shall be away in Europe on business. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 555-555-5555 at your earliest convenience.
September 13, 2018
Authorization Letter Template to Act on Behalf
(Your Contact Information)
(Recipient Contact Information)
(RE: Subject)(Dear Recipient Name: )
I, (Your Name), hereby give (Appointed Representative) permission to act on my behalf with regards to making any and all real estate decisions. The scope (Scope of Duties and Responsibilities) of this letter of authorization includes handling real estate transactions, documents and client affairs.
This letter of authorization will be in effect from (Start Date), to (End Date). If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (Your Contact Information).
(Notary or Witness if Required)
Carefully proofread and edit your letter if necessary. Made certain that your appointed representative, or ‘proxy’ has the original, and send off copies to anyone who may be involved, such as your lawyer or accountant. Remember to keep a copy for your own records.
Sample 2: Authorization Letter to Act on Behalf
Below is an authorization to collect documents letter sample. As you can see, the letter is brief, and to the point, with no room for interpretation. As it is seen as a legal document it should be typed using business block letter format, with all sections being left justified, single-spaced, with a double-space in between sections. Include all pertinent information such as names and dates. Don’t forget to check with your states legal requirements to see if you’ll need to have it witnessed or notarized.
456 Lola Lane
Compton, CA 90210
September 14, 2018
10 Cherry Blossom Lane
Forks, FL, 60202
Dear Mr. Geeson:
I, Janet Thompson, hereby grant Coleen Dewly permission to act as my representative to collect my birth certificate in my behalf. In order to expedite the identification verification process, I am including method of identity, start and end date, below:
- Authorized Person: Coleen Dewly
- Identification Type: Drivers License
- Drivers License Number: 18375938178
- Scope of Documents to Collect: Birth Certificate
- Sample of Signature: (hand-written signature sample)
I grant permission for Coleen Dewly to collect my birth certificate from September 20, 2018 to October 4, 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 555-555-5555 at your earliest convenience.
September 14, 2018
Authorization to Collect Documents Template
(Your Contact Information)
(Recipients Contact Information)
(Dear Recipient Name: )
I, (Your Name), hereby grant (Appointed Representative) permission to act as my representative to collect my (Document Names) in my behalf. In order to expedite the identification verification process, I am including method of identity, start and end date, below.
- (Authorized Person: Appointed Representative Name)
- (Identification Type: Identification document)
- (Identification document number)
- (Scope of Documents to Collect: Type of documents)
- (Sample of Signature: (hand-written signature sample))
I grant permission for (Appointed Representative) to collect my birth certificate from (Start Date)to (End Date). If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 555-555-5555 at your earliest convenience.
(Your typed name)
(Notary or Witness, if any)
(Your Address (Street Information))
(City, State, and Zip Code)
(Recipient’s Name (third party))
(Recipient’s Address (Street Information))
(City, State, and Zip Code)
To whom it may concern,
I, (Your name) hereby fully authorize (representative’s name) to pick up and receive (thing they are picking up), a personal package, in my behalf. I give full authorization to collect it and make any other decisions in order to ensure the safety of my package in the time being.
My representative has been given authorization valid from (starting date of authorization) to (ending date of authorization), keeping the package on my behalf as I am unavailable and cannot be reached until further notice (can change to specific reason of why you’re unavailable).
My representative and the proxy cannot make any other decisions surpassing the points disclosed in this letter.
Thank you very much,
Sample Authority Letter to Pickup
Sample Letter to Pickup Package
No matter what the reason, there are times you may need someone to be able to process important documents on your behalf. This will be a legal document, one that will have to be formatted properly, and state exactly what needs to be done, with no room for interpretation. In a document authorization letter, you’re giving someone you trust the permission to handle and sign documents on your behalf. These letters can be used for a variety of reasons, including:
- Vital personal records such as Birth certificates
- Handle financial documents
- Handle real estate documents
Below is an authorization letter to process documents sample. Make certain to include any and all names involved, documents to be processed, and the start and end date. Check with your state’s requirements for additional data, such as the need for a notary public or witness. The document should be typed, using block letter business format.
Mirage, IL 60606
September 12, 2018
533 W. Monroe
Chempura, IL 60609
773-555-5555Dear Mr. Wyland:
I, Stewart Jenkins, hereby grant John Kransten the authorization to process any and all documents in my name, and sign on my behalf. In order to expedite the process, I’ve included information for identification purposes.
- Authorized Person: John Kransten
- Identity Type: Driver’s License
- Driver’s License Number: 5555555555
- Scope of Documents: Any and all
- John Kransten Signature Sample
The permission to process documents in my name starts on September 20, 2018 and ends October 3, 2018.
September 12, 2018
Authorization Letter Template to Process Documents:
(Your Contact Information)
(Recipient Full Name)
(Recipient Contact Information)
(Dear Recipient Name: )
I, (Your Name), hereby authorize (Appointed Representative) permission to process, and sign any and all documents in my name, with no restriction. To expedite the process, I’ve included Identification information for verification needs:(Appointed Representative Name)
(Method of Identiy verification used)
(Scope of Authorization: Type of documents to be processed)
(Notary if required)
Once completed, carefully proofread the letter. Next, give the original to your appointed representative or ‘proxy’, and copies to anyone of interest, such as a financial institution or lawyer. Remember to keep a copy for yourself.
34 Bailes Road
Ocala, FL 34482May 9th, 20xxSawyer Mazzali
Lead Bank Teller
Bank of America
2326 E Silver Springs Blvd
Ocala, FL 34470 USDear Mr. Mazzali,My name is Milicent Kramer and I am an account holder at Bank of America. I currently hold a checking account #740362 at the financial center branch located at 2326 East Silver Springs Blvd. My personal information can be verified with my current driver’s license: K656-540-86-562-0.
Please be informed that I authorize my husband, Troy Kramer, to act on my behalf to handle all financial transactions for June 6th, 2016 and June 20th, 2016. This authorization will be valid for two weeks because I will be on a business trip in Brussels and will not be able to attend to my affairs.
Troy Kramer will be responsible for all transactions that are being processed and will sign any required documents during my time of absence.
Since this is a time-sensitive matter, Mr. Kramer was informed of the authorization and he signed this letter. He accepted this authorization with his signature down below on May 15th, 20xx. Should any questions regarding this authorization, please contact me before May 31st, 20xx. I can be reached at 215-692-8046 or by email at Kcents93@gmail.com
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Milicent Kramer ___Troy Kramer_____ _May 15th, 20xx
Milicent Kramer Authorized Signature Date Signed
This particular bank authorization letter is a sample providing information on the relevant template and content, which lets someone deal with the bank related tasks in absence of someone due to any reason.
This letter provides a sample with format and content to let someone deal with the finance-related matter in absence of an individual.
If you or a loved one find yourself in a situation where you’ll need to relinquish medical treatment decisions to someone else, then you’ll be required to have a medical treatment authorization letter. A medical treatment authorization letter is considered a legal document that can be used in a court of law. This letter allows you to select someone you trust to authorize medical treatment for yourself, a child, or anyone in the letter.
Points to consider when composing this letter
First and foremost, the letter should be short, concise, easy to read and understand. All important points, if any, should be laid out. Under no circumstances should there be room for anyone to make their own interpretations. Finally, never write the authorization letter out by hand.
It must be formatted in block business style, which means all information is justified to the left, and typed in a neat, and orderly manner. Be certain to include any pertinent medical information if applicable, such as insurance carrier, allergies or medications. Finally, remember to have the letter witnessed and/or notarized in accordance with your states legal requirements.
(Address of Appointed Guardian)
(Phone and/or email contact information)(Recipient Name)
(Recipient Contact Information)(Date)(RE: Medical Treatment Authorization for Name)
To Whom It May Concern:
I, (Appointed Guardian), am the appointed guardian of (Name). I hereby give consent and authority to (Name, Address, Contact information of Appointed Caregiver) to authorize medical treatment for (Name, Address, Date of Birth of Individual).
- (Name) has the following allergies:____________________________
- (Name) is on the following medications: ________________________
- Health insurance carrier is: __________________________________
- Health insurance policy number is:_____________________________
This medical authority treatment letter is granted on this day, (DATE) and will no longer be in effect as of (DATE).
This medical treatment authorization letter is necessary as I will be unavailable during the dates stated above.
Under no circumstances is (Appointed Guardian) to have access to my financial information.
(Signature of Appointed Guardian)
(Typed Name of Appointed Guardian)
(Notary Public if Required)
(Typed Name of Witness)
Once completed, proofread for errors, and notarized, give the original letter to the appointed legal guardian or ‘proxy’. Depending on your situation, you may want to give a copy to your local hospital, personal physician, lawyer, insurance carrier or clinic. Remember to keep a copy for your own records.
Medical Authorization Letter Sample:
As you can see, composing a medical treatment authorization letter is an important matter. This is considered a legal document, so must be properly formatted, typed and double check for errors. Include all pertinent information. Even if your state does not require the letter to be notarized, it’s still a good idea to have it done. Remember to give copies to the appropriate parties, and to keep one for your own records.
This sample enables a person to authorize someone to act on their behalf for the pre-discussed legal document and do the required signature in their absence.
This general authorization letter provides basic contents which are necessary for personal authorization.
- Sample to Collect Money on My Behalf
- Sample Authority Letter to Transfer Vehicle Ownership
- Sample Authority Letter to Drive Your Vehicle
- Sample Authority Letter for Cheque Book Collection
- Sample Authority Letter for Passport Collection
- Sample Authority Letter for Claiming Birth Certificate
- Sample Authority Letter to Release Medical Information
- Sample Authority Letter for a Child to Travel Alone
- Sample Power of Attorney Letter
There are basically three parties, which are involved in a standard authorization letter.
First Party: The first party involved in a standard authorization letter is the rightful owner. For example, in the case of performing an important transaction in a bank, the writer of the letter is the rightful owner.
Second Party: The second party, which is involved, is the institution or organization, which is involved. In this case, it is the bank.
Third Party: The third party, who is involved in a standard authorization letter, is the person who is acting as the proxy and in this case, it is the person who will sign the important documents for performing the transaction and collect money or document on behalf of the right owner.
The authorization letter is addressed to the second party, which explains the rights for the third party acting as the proxy in the absence of the first party. In scenarios, when a right owner is unaware of the second party, it is better to write “To whom it may concern” for the purpose of addressing the second unknown party.
In order to write an authorization letter, follow the steps below:
- On the top left-hand corner of the page put down the name, address, and date. This section is specific to the letter writer.
- Below the name of the letter writer, it is important to include the name of the recipient and the relevant address.
- The letter then will open with Dear, Mr/Ms. XYZ, “To whom it may concern.” The letter should have a formal tone.
- Make sure that the body of the letter is single-spaced and the paragraphs are not indented.
- The letter should conclude with sincerely, which should follow the name of the letter writer and eventually followed by a handwritten signature.
It is important to learn how to write and format an authorization letter as there are possibilities of facing circumstances under which a person might not be able to attend a certain situation. Letting a family member or close friend act on the behalf of this person can be a great option to get the matters sorted and getting the work done as well. It is important to keep the following points in mind:
- The top left-hand corner of the page should include name, address, and the date.
- The name of the recipient and address would come below this information.
- The opening of the letter should be with Dear, Mr/Ms, or “To whom it may concern”
- The paragraphs should not be intended and the body of the letter should be single-spaced.
- The letter would conclude with sincerely and would follow a handwritten signature and name.
- The writing style of the body of content should be formal and it should be authentic providing the correct information.
In a business setting there are many needs for authorization letter samples. Most of them are designed to help and protect the business owner and its employees. By signing such a letter, senior management can effectively delegate while establishing clear boundaries and the latitude an employee may have. For example, an employee may be authorized to withdraw cash from the cashier up to a certain amount. Or a supervisor may authorize a set number of overtime hours to an employee and providing an authorization letter to payroll is what triggers appropriate compensation.
An authorization letter sample is also useful for your clients. In a setting where you might collect client information it is useful to share a template with them in terms of what they authorize the business to do or not do with their information. For example, in a medical setting through this letter they may authorize discussion of medical issues for billing purposes, but not for marketing or research endeavors. Whatever the case may be, an authorization letter sample may serve as a very useful guideline in protecting the business, its employees and its clients.
If you find yourself in need of such a template, but do not know where to start, below are five authorization letter samples that may help you streamline your business.