People might use a decorative bookmark in a novel that they are reading to hold the page, and return at a later date. This is similar to a person bookmarking a page to save a link and return at a future date. However, the bookmark is a physical item that is constructed of a wide variety of materials. Some of the most beautiful bookmarks are simply long strips made out of cardboard or paper material. Creating your own bookmark is super easy with a Bookmark Template. Of course, it is important to download a professional quality template that will give your creation a fantastic look.
In order to get started creating your one of a kind, original bookmark, download the bookmarks featured here. Don’t forget to think outside of the box and use your own special creativity to get started. These bookmarks should inspire you and get your creativity flowing just a bit. The bookmarks are easy to design and it is easy to customize the bookmarks with just the right look. Customize the bookmarks to match a company logo or group logo. Add a slogan or phrase to them. Add a company name, group name, or an individual name to them.
Exclusive Bookmark Templates for AI (Adobe Illustrator)
If you’re an avid reader like me, you probably have more than a few bookmarks in your home. Like me, you probably have misplaced some of them, or just don’t like some of the bookmarks that you have. Here are a couple of step-by-step guides that will show you how to make your own bookmarks at home for very little time and effort. The first guide will show you how to make bookmarks using Microsoft Word, and the second guide will show you how to create your own hand-made corner bookmarks out of paper. Both guides are easy to follow and allow you to improvise and create your bookmarks however you’d like. All you need are a few minutes and a few good ideas!
Guide #1: Create bookmarks using Microsoft Word.
- Open the Microsoft Word program on your computer, and select a blank document.
- Click on the “Insert” tab, and select “Shapes” to select the bookmark shape that you want. You can choose from squares, rectangles, circles, diamonds, etc.
- After you’ve clicked on the shape that you want, you should see a crosshairs icon on the top left-hand corner of your blank document. Click on and drag the crosshairs on your document to create the shape that you want for your bookmark.
- Once you’ve created the shape for your bookmark that you want, the Windows menu will automatically take you to the Format tab. From there, you can choose the Shape Fill option to fill the inside of your bookmark with a particular color, textures, gradient or you can insert a picture from your saved files. You can even add multiple shapes, colors or borders inside your bookmark if you want.
- Now you can also use the Insert menu to add a text box where you can write in a favorite quote or saying, add shapes or whatever else you’d like. Use the text box menus to change the font type, size or color to what ever you’d like.
- You can drag your text box, shapes, pictures, etc. anywhere that you want inside of the shape that you’ve created. If you have created a text box and want to remove the border, click on the text box, go back to the Shape Fill menu and select “No Fill.” This will remove the text box’s border.
- When you’re done, you can print your bookmark and also save it to your documents if you want to make more copies. You should also be able to Copy and Paste to add more copies of the bookmark you just created on the same page. Repeat these steps to make as many more unique bookmarks as you’d like.
- If you want to create a double-sided bookmark, you can add a straight or dotted line in the middle of the shape you’ve created. Once you’ve printed off your bookmark, you can fold at that line and then glue the ends together. You don’t have to add that line or border of course, but it makes it easier to tell exactly where you need to fold the bookmark after it’s printed.
Once the glue has dried, you can also add glitter, stickers, googly eyes, use a paper punch to make a hole and then tie a string or ribbon through it, or do anything else that you’d like to make your bookmark as unique as you want it to be.
Printable Fun Bookmark Templates for Kids
Guide #2: Create hand-made corner bookmarks out of paper
- Start with a square piece of paper. For illustrative purposes, we’ll use a 6″ x 6″ piece of paper for this guide, but feel free to use whatever size or color paper you’re comfortable with. You can use different sizes of paper for different bookmarks, but the dimensions should be the same (6″ x 6″, “9” x 9″, etc.) for best results.
- Rotate the paper so it looks like the shape of a diamond.
- Bring the bottom corner up to the top corner.
- Fold in the middle, so it looks like you now have a pyramid or triangle.
- Bring the right-hand corner up to the top and fold.
- Bring the left-hand corner up to the top and fold, so now that it looks like you have another diamond.
- Open both corners from the folds you just made, it should like you have a square diamond from the folds that you made.
- Bring the top corner of the square that you made down and fold.
- Bring the right hand corner up, tuck the top portion inside the fold that you just made, and fold again.
- Now bring the left-hand corner up and tuck the top portion inside that same fold, and fold again.
- You’ve just created your bookmark, now it’s time to decorate it! Use penciis, crayons, markers, stickers, googly eyes, glitter, or whatever else you want to make your bookmark unique. You can create animals by adding colors, ears, noses, mouths, etc. Feel free to make changes to your bookmark in whatever ways that you want.
You can even make themed bookmarks-for example, if the bookmark is for a music book, you might want to draw music notes, write a favorite lyric or quote from your favorite band or glue on a favorite guitar pick, for example.
Another idea is holiday bookmarks: you can create paper bookmarks for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, the 4th of July, Easter, St. Patrick’s Day, the 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
These hand-made bookmarks are great to give out as gifts to friends and relatives, and they are a great activity for family get-togethers, holidays and parties. All you need are a few sheets of paper, some art supplies and your imagination.
Flower Themed Bookmark Templates
Free Bookmark Templates for Microsoft Word
Printable Bookmark Templates For Microsoft Word
Bookmark Templates to Color
Bookmark Template for Kids,
Once you’ve created the bookmarks, you might wish to give them away to friends or family or keep a few for yourself. Don’t forget to save the Bookmark Template that you’ve used for a future date. The next time that you would like to create more templates, simply click on the file to open and get started creating those bookmarks. They are easy to use on any computer and use them with the programs that are already installed on your computer. On this page are a few samples to get you started creating your own bookmarks.