Many students opt for internships nowadays. Internships tend to be easy to get since they are like jobs without payment. Here are some of the reasons why they choose to go for internships.
- Students choose to go for internships mainly as a requirement from their respective universities or colleges. An internship is usually part of their program that must be completed before a student can graduate from either college or university.
- Internships also become an important part of a student’s life if they seek to move up in their chosen career path. It shows that a particular student has gained some field or job experience, apart from their basic classroom knowledge.
- Students may also desire to go for internships to boost their résumés. With internships, a student is sure to grab a potential employer’s attention and secure a job. A student can mention their internship in their cover letter or during their job interview to better their chances of getting that job.
Recommendation Letter for Internship
A recommendation letter for an internship is a document that acts as a character reference for the student in question. A student may request their recommender for an internship recommendation letter to submit it to an establishment, alongside their application, for them to secure an internship.
An internship recommendation letter is also known as an internship recommendation letter. When it comes to students going for internships, they mainly need to have internship recommendation letters for them to secure a proper internship. These students will, therefore, request an internship recommendation letter from a proper and qualified adult.
Such adults are acquaintances and may include their teachers or professors and even their previous employers.
The purpose of writing an internship recommendation letter for a student is as follows:
- It is proof that a particular student has the required knowledge for the job position.
- An internship recommendation letter is also essential as it shows that the applicant is up to task for the position being offered.
- This recommendation letter serves as a description of the applicant’s qualities that are relevant to the stipulated position.
- It also endorses an applicant for a paid internship or a prominent business opportunity.
A recommendation letter is a document that provides a professional endorsement of a candidate’s abilities and qualifications for an internship position. By utilizing sample letters, you can benefit from their technical expertise and structure, saving you time and effort in crafting your own internship recommendation letter.
Writing a Recommendation Letter
When it comes to writing an internship recommendation letter for a student, there are some steps that need to be observed. Here is what a recommender should do when writing an internship recommendation letter for any particular student.
Connection with student
The first paragraph that is written in this letter should highlight and describe the connection a recommender has with the student. Also, the recommender should explain how they know the student and long they have known them.
I am enthusiastic about offering my support to (Name of Applicant). As his professor, I have known him for six years and I believe that he is fit for the internship.
Explain student’s attributes
These details will be highlighted in the second paragraph. Here, the recommender should highlight the student’s attributes, which can include their expertise and qualifications. Through this, the recommender can expound on how the student’s attributes make them suitable for the internship at that particular company or organization.
Apart from highlighting that the student would make a good fit, it is also essential for the referee to mention what the student is bound to contribute to the company if given the internship position.
(Name of Applicant) is industrious and thrives well under challenging situations. He does not shy from working in teams when dealing with new situations that may prove difficult if he handled them on his own. With such focus, team spirit, and his ability to work under limited supervision, I believe that (Name of Applicant) is fit for the internship. He will manage to work well with his colleagues to benefit the company.
Summarize the letter body
In the third paragraph of the internship recommendation letter, the recommender can now provide the summary of the letter. They can mention why they recommend that particular student. A referee can use phrases like “highly recommend” or “recommend without reservation” when providing a summary of the letter.
Using such phrases shows the referee’s confidence and excitement to recommend the student for the particular internship position. This will make the company to consider the student faster than others.
With all this in mind, I highly recommend (Name of Applicant) for the internship position at your company. His skills, attributes, and nature will play a huge role in a successful internship.
Include the contact information
For the final paragraph, the referee needs to provide the contact information, which may include their phone numbers and email address. They can also choose to include their contact details in the return address of a letter that has been printed or in the signature part of an email recommendation.
For any further inquiries or requests for more information, please free to contact me through (email) or (phone number).
Lastly, closing salutations are required in an internship recommendation letter. The recommender should end the letter in a formal way by including the name and title of their job or profession at the end.
(Name of Applicant)
Internship Recommendation Letter Example
Following are the example to craft an internship recommendation letter:
Subject: Reference Letter for internship.
I am very pleased and happy to write this letter of reference on behalf of ___________for the purpose of his/her internship in your company. He was my student for the past years and I know that he/she is capable of providing outstanding results.
This student is also remarkably and undeniably amazing when it comes to working under pressure. The major purpose of this letter is for the candidate to experience the real world of __________industry. He/she possess the skills of _____________________________________ (mention skills/capabilities).
I hope that you will consider this recommendation letter and think through the candidacy of ______________for this internship.
Tips for Writing Internship recommendation Letters
- Be very careful about the language you use in an internship recommendation letter.
- Highlight the qualifications, talents and other remarkable points of the candidate.
- This letter should always be written by someone who knows the candidate.
- Make sure that you do not repeat the same points.
- Proper warm and polite opening along with a proper closure is very important
- Always use “I hope..” instead of “I am confident..”
- Don’t write unnecessary points – unrelated to the job.
- Never use generalities and platitudes.
- Don’t use over creative, empty or vague words.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best closing for a letter of recommendation is a formal one. Such closings involve using a complimentary clause like sincerely, yours respectfully, with respect and with appreciation.
If the letter of recommendation is a hard copy, then it is necessary that the recommender signs the letter underneath their typed name.