A business reference letter is a recommendation provided by a business associate on behalf of an organization or an individual verifying the dealings and quality of the services offered by that individual or organization to a new client who wishes to hire them.In today’s world, it would be extremely difficult, to survive without recommendation and referral letters. We are witnessing a generic kind of employers or partners who want to know your market reputation and see those references before they hire your services. It is thus important to have that business reference letter before you go knocking in that organization you wish to offer services to or partner with.
Uses of Business Reference Letters
These letters can be used when seeking a new job, a service contract, or a business partner.
- It acts as an endorsement.
- Details qualification of the person writing the letter.
- Provides an insight into client or organization’s reputation referred in the letter.
Elements of a Business Recommendation Letter
The format to use for a business recommendation letter varies depending on the industry and area that it is intended for. For instance, the contents for recommending a service-oriented vendor or business is usually different from that of a retailer because they include varying elements. Nevertheless, there are standard contents that are needed in almost every business recommendation letter. These are;
- Recipient’s contact information
- The objective or extent of the business recommendation letter
- The date of the letter
- Your contact information
- The information of the person or business entity that you are recommending
- Your organization’s name plus the name of the business or entity that will receive the recommendation letter.
- Formal business salutation
- A statement describing why you are in a position to write the letter
- Your overall impression of the entity, person, or business that you are recommending. This may include the character traits of an individual or the quality of the services provided by the business.
- Your relationship with the entity that you intend to recommend
- Details that validate why the person or business is recommended
- For directly related recommendations, always indicate your willingness to interact with the individual or person again.
- Provide the reader with your contact information in case of more information or further clarification.
Writing this letter can be a headache when you have no idea, but by going through these business reference letter samples, it will be the simplest letter you will ever write. To write a perfect business reference letter, remember there are few elements, which should always be included;
- Names and personal contact details of individuals who will write and receive the letter
- Business names of the organization that will write and receive the letter
- The qualification of the person writing the letter
- General impressions of the person referred in the letter; character and responsibilities.
- Nature of the relationship between the person writing the letter and the one referred to it.
- Details of whether the client is fit for the job
- The author’s willingness to work with the client again
- How to be reached in case of follow up
Format of a Business Reference Letter
- Collect all the necessary information: Before embarking on writing the recommendation letter, ensure that you have all the required information about the company that you are recommending. Information required includes; areas of specialty, business working hours, the organization’s contact information. If you are incapable to get all the information online, consider calling the company.
- List all the positive experiences with the company: Include your positive experiences with the company you are recommending during your interactions. This will ensure the person receiving your recommendation clearly understands why they should consider whom you are recommending.
- Obtain the titles and names of key individuals of the company, such as the CEO, managers, directors, and company owners.
- Always begin your recommendation letter by formally addressing your recipients with their complete official names. This is for formality purposes.
- Enter the subject line as “Reference” or “Recommendation” if you send the letter via an email.
- Write the contents of the letter: The letter’s body should include all the related facts, including who you are, why you are writing, your relationship to the person or entity, what interactions you had with the business or person when the interactions occurred, and why you are recommending the person or business entity.
- Mention the results of interacting with the company. In your recommendation letter, don’t forget to mention how satisfied or happy you were with the result of your interaction with the company and offer to provide additional details.
- End your letter with a cordial, professional salutation that reflects the contents and tone of your relationship.
With those few elements included in that business reference letter, you can present it anywhere and be sure to help your former employee or client get positive feedback.
If you need to write a reference letter for your former employees or service provider, and you have no idea, you can learn it through a careful look at these business reference letter samples.
Remember these free accessible business reference letter samples, which are a click away can be downloaded in DOC or PDF and reformatted to suit your needs.
Business Reference Letter Sample
Sender’s Business Name
Sender’s Business Address
Sender’s City, State, Zip
Receiver’s Business Name
Receiver’s Address City, State, Zip
Dear (receiver’s name)
It is privileged that I am writing this letter, I am recommending the services of Smart and Clean Motion Pictures organization.
Smart and Clean Motion Pictures has been working for my organization for the past three years and their services were impeccable. They provided clean shots and captured scenery and moments perfectly.
Above that, they were reasonable and easy to work with due to their excellent interpersonal skills and non-ever compromising results.
They were a game-changer in the production and editing of my movies and because of them, we are receiving positive feedback from our clients. Our doors are opened for them to work with us again and again.
For any additional information please contact us.
More Samples & Examples
By going through our free and ready to download business reference letter samples, rewriting them as you deem, you will be able to perfect writing these letters within a short period of time on your own. Just remember not to leave the important elements when writing the letter.