When a company/organization is looking to fill a vacant position, they usually look for applicants who best suit a position. Applications normally send in by the potential candidates, and the organization shortlists the best applicants that they deem fit for the position to come for an interview. After which the applicant who is qualified for the job is chosen, the organization will send out trainee appointment letters to the qualified candidate.
A trainee appointment letter is a document sent to an applicant who has been chosen for a trainee position. This includes all the information that the trainee needs to be knowledgeable about pertaining to the job appointment. Trainee appointment letters normally vary depending on the type of job process that the trainee does and the organization’s operational guidelines where they will be deployed. Simply put, a trainee appointment letter is an official way of welcoming the trainees to your company, department, or organization. A trainee appointment letter offers the position of the applicant and several other comprehensive information within the letter, including:
- The outline of the job
- Working hours
- Duration of the appointment
- If the job is paid or unpaid
- The duties and responsibilities of the applicant
- Sick days and vacations
- Address (If the training department has a different address)
- The start date of work
- The position the trainee is being appointed for
- What the applicant will learn during the training
Components of a Trainee Appointment Letter
Some of the basic components of a trainee appointment letter include:
- Letterhead: For this, you have to use the official company/institution letterhead in order to make the letter legitimate.
- Basic headers: Just like any other formal letter, you have to provide the date, name of the trainee, and the address details. You can also include a “Re:” which is often used in official documents.
- Salutation: the letter should have a formal salutation with the trainee’s first name.
- Body: For the discussion part, you can decide to divide the letter into three paragraphs. You can use the first paragraph to welcome the trainee formally and indicate the department they will be assigned to. The second paragraph can be used to state the duration of the training and the expected behavior and responsibilities of the trainee. The third paragraph may contain your closing statement and other supporting details.
How to Write an Effective Appointment Letter
Remember that your appointment letter represents your organization/company. It is considered a part of your formal business communication. Below are some of the useful tips to help you write an effective appointment letter:
- Use basic language and clear sentences: Jargon and technical terminologies are not required when writing an appointment letter. An appointment letter should be simple, concise, and direct to the point.
- Make sure to include all relevant details are included: when writing the letter, make sure to go through it several times to ensure that all critical information is included, such as the effectivity date of the appointment, duration of the said appointment, the department, office that will supervise, the designation of the appointee among others.
- Signature: Other than the letterhead, the signature of the authorized person who wrote the letter makes it more official and legitimate.
- Be comprehensible: plan and structure the overall content of the letter. Make sure to avoid a cluttered and unorganized letter.
- Proofread the letter: Always check and go through the letter before sending them.
Appointment Letter Template
[City, State, Zipcode]
Subject: Appointment for post of ____ [designation]
Dear _ [Title] [Candidate’s name], We are pleased to offer you the position of __ [position] with __ [company name] based on the following terms and conditions:
Your appointment will commence as of _ [date]
Your job title will be _ [Job title], and you will report to ___ [supervisor designation]
Your salary and other allowances will be as set out below
Place of posting
You will be at __
Hours of work
The working hours are _ through . The normal working hours are from [start time] to [end time], and you will be expected to work not less than [number of hours] each week, and if needed, you will be required to work for additional hours depending on your duties and responsibilities.
You will be eligible to a casual leave of _ [no of days] days.
The company shall also send you a list of all dedicated holidays at the beginning of each year.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
You shall be required to perform to the best of your abilities all the duties you are required to perform.
You will be required to always maintain in good condition all the company property that will be entrusted to you for official use during your employment and will return such property to the company in good condition failure to which the cost of the same shall be recovered from you by the company.
9.1 The company can terminate you without any prior notice or without any reason. The company can also give you notice of not less than _ days/months in writing or salary in lieu thereof.
9.2 On the termination of your appointment for whatsoever reason, you will be required to return to the company any contracts, literature, records, drawings, letters, notes, blueprints, literature, etc., and any confidential information under your control or in your possession relating to your appointment or the company’s client’s business affairs.
You may receive notices by the company from time to time through the registered office address.
Your appointment to the company will be subject to _ [state laws] All disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of ___ [court/state] only.
Acceptance of your offer
Kindly accept your acceptance of this appointment letter by signing and returning the duplicate copy.
We dearly welcome you and look forward to receiving your acceptance and to working with you.
_______ [name of supervisor]
________ [Designation and Date]
|House rent allowance|
|Leave travel allowance|
Appointment Letter Sample
October 18, 2020
Sub: Appointment as a sales and marketing trainee in our company
We would like to inform you that you have been selected for a sales and marketing trainee position in our company with the Sales and marketing department for eight months. During the training period, you will be required to undertake all the duties and responsibilities assigned to you by your supervisor Mrs. Caren to whom you shall be reporting.
Your starting salary as a management trainee will be 500 dollars per month and shall be subject to review upon completing the training period. You shall not be eligible for any other monetary benefits during this period. You will be eligible for the transport services offered by our company free of charge. You will also be allowed to one casual leave every two months during the eight months.
Should you decide to leave the company during the training period, you will be required to serve a notice of two weeks. You will also have to pay a penalty of one month’s pay. You can check other trainee rules from our website www.abc.com for more information or contact the HR department at [email protected] for clarifications and elaborations.
Kindly sign and send us a copy of this appointment letter to show your acceptance as a trainee.
Congratulation on your appointment, and welcome to our company.
Chief Human Resources,
Abc Marketing Services Ltd.
Samples & Examples (Free Downloads)
There are many different instances where sending a Trainee Appointment Letter may be appropriate. The largest reason why these are sent out is to welcome new employees or trainees to their business after their successful screening. Getting such a letter is letting you know that you are now guaranteed to receive the position in question. It briefly discusses the position duties and requirements, the location of the trainee appointment, employment effectiveness date, etc. depending on the type of letter being written. You will become aware of the job functions of the facility and expected salary as well.
With so many different letter templates out there today, ours is by far the most simplistic and useful templates to date. Giving you plenty of ideas regarding what to include in the letter, what the letter should look like, and when to send the letter out, there will not be a doubt in your mind that you’re doing your job effectively and efficiently. Using our templates will give you peace of mind knowing that everything you need to create the perfect Trainee Appointment Letter is already included and ready to fill in with your own information.