Talking about the Immigration Reference Letters, they are such types of letters that are often required at the time when people get involved in immigration-related proceedings and need a support for their application with reference letters from their colleagues and community members. These types of letters are generally used by the government officials like judges in order to assess and detect the person who is involved in the process of immigration contains a good character or not.
Who to Select for a Reference
Immigration character reference letters should be written by someone who is close to you, someone who can provide direct references and specific anecdotes to help support the argument for the candidate’s moral character. The best candidate to write you an immigration reference letter would be a neighbor, family member, your employer, a friend, or a member of your church. In this case, the more of an emotional impact the individual in question has had on the candidates’ life and vice versa, the better. For those facing removal from the country, a good immigration reference letter from their children, if applicable, often provides the strongest case.
How to Write Immigration Reference Letter
The first step of writing such types of letters is to find out the proceedings that the applicant has been involved in. They are mainly used for removal proceedings and immigration deportation. Some reasons that are required for writing this letter include:
- The identification of your relationship.
- Proper confirmation of residence as well as employment.
At such time, you need to talk to the requester in order to make a list what they will tell you to highlight in that particular letter. You can also ask them about any background info or their curriculum vitae. This information will be helpful for you to guide the process of your writing.
Things to Include:
- Salutation and Date
- Introduction: It is important that the introduction of the letter state the writer’s name, profession, age, relationship to the candidate, the length of the relationship, and the citizen status. The introduction can be used to introduce the plea for the individual in question; however, the main body should be the primary source of the argument.
- Body Paragraphs: The body of the letter is where you are to highlight what it is that the requester is looking to prove to the immigration officials. With it should be the work ethic of the candidate, the impact they have on those depending on them emotionally/financially, and ultimately, their positive traits.
- Conclusion: The immigration reference letter should conclude with a heartfelt remark, complementing the individual seeking naturalization or avoiding deportation. The opinion that the candidate should be allowed to remain in the country and be granted citizenship should be clearly stated in the final paragraph as well. If applicable, you can include your contact information at the bottom of the page.
- Character of the applicant
- Work Skills or Ethic
- Strong Recommendation
- Your Contact Information
Sample Reference Letter for Immigration
following sample is a good example of writing the Immigration Reference Letter to your friend.
Name of the Sender
Address of the Sender
City, State, and Zip Code
Name of the Recipient
Address of the Recipient
City, State, and Zip Code
To Whom It May Concern
Well, I am eventually pleased that I am writing this Immigration Reference Letter on behalf of my good friend. [Include the name of your friend].
My name is [ Name of the Sender] and it is a privilege for me that I know [ name of your friend] for the last 5 years. I really consider him as a nice person and respectable businessman. I met him about four years ago when I was working with him in Malaysia. He is very generous and kind. Along with that, he treats each and every person with kindness, and our relationship with each other is just like a family member.
After spending a delightful time with him, I came to know that he is a wonderful personality. He is hardworking and caring as well. His family has worked and lived in London for some time. But, due to the contractual agreements, he could not join his family here in London. But now, he has completed and performed all the obligations. He is now able to join his family here in Great Britain.
That’s why it is a great honor for me to consider him to be a great friend of mine. You can contact me for any further information.
Sender’s Printed Name
Free Templates & Examples
Frequently Asked Question
A reference letter is by far one of the best ways to prove to immigration that you are of good standing. However, if, for a valid reason, you are not able to get anyone to write you an immigration letter, then you can try to convince the visa officers with other supplementary documentation, e.g., Employment contracts, pay stubs, sworn declarations from colleagues, promotion letters, etc.